|Company||South African Civil Aviation Authority|
|Reference #||Corporate Services|
|Location||Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa|
1. To manage multiple simultaneous projects/programmes throughout their lifecycle to ensure that they are delivered timeously, within budget, scope and quality in line with SACAA strategic deliverables to ensure effective services to SACAA stakeholders.
2. To manage the SACAA Project Management Office, develop and implement Project/Programme Management methodologies, strategies and deliverables to facilitate the successful implementation of cross functional projects.
|Job Functions||Project Management|
Project / Programme Management:
• Implement and maintain the SACAA project management methodology;
• Develop project requirements in consultation with and for approval of the client;
• Contribute to project / program business case design ensuring practicable TCO and ensure functional fit;
• Facilitate development and approval of project plans considering interdependencies and requirements across affected functional areas;
• Determine and Implement project schedules, milestones, deliverables and tasks, ensuring that projects are outcomes / results focussed;
• Chair/attend program / project meetings / working group meetings as required, implementing specific aspects of the project plan delivery and track progress;
• Manage implementation of project plans to track and achieve desired scope within time, cost, quality and safety constraints; and
• Perform regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting on project statuses to Executive Corporate Service.
Governance & Compliance:
• Facilitate and ensure implementation of projects in adherence to approved company policies and procedures;
• Assess, mitigate and track project risks by using the SACAA EWRM methodology;
• Manage, monitor and control project quality through the SACAA QMS
• Ensure project adherence to statutory requirements and good corporate governance practices.
• Develop project budget and forecast cash flows / milestones from approved budget;
• Monitor, review and approve project costs and variations thereto; and
• Develop costing risk profiles and mitigation strategies to manage slippage.
Performance monitoring & evaluation:
• Prepare and implement regular reporting mechanisms that are linked to on-time, on-budget, to set quality delivery and to address any slippage issues;
• Conduct on-going KPI tracking, analysis, relevance and review;
• Implement PM framework for direct reports and contribute to performance reviews for specialist resources;
• Contribute to establishing the weightings of KPI's to reflect strategic focus/intent and manage it over the project lifecycle to steer the project accordingly;
• Provide advice to the Executive Committee on project risks and interdependencies.
Change Management & Communication:
• Facilitate and implement project specific communication strategy/plan;
• Manage/respond to information requests from the client in relation to the project;
• Contribute to the development of a project specific change management plan;
• Create and approve business papers for meetings overseeing project delivery.
• Provide clear communication and encourage information sharing across project teams to work to consolidated goals of overall program delivery.
• Contributes to tender specification and participate in tender evaluation committee if required, through consultation with the procurement directorate;
• Assist in the preparation of project related contract documents;
• Facilitate review and approve Contractor SLA’s to meet all contract requirements and assist in the management resolution of contractual disputes;
• Review and recommend actions for and approve proposed variations to contracts;
• Ensure SACAA meets all project related contractual obligations.
• Management of key project stakeholders (internal & external), interdependencies, risks, variations and issues for successful project delivery;
• Proactively ensure the resolution of client concerns and expectations by fostering strong working relationships;
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the integration of all key projects elements;
• Create a SACAA project body of knowledge, sharing lessons learnt and best practice with stakeholders.
• Creates a respectful partnering approach to relationship management.
Human Resource Management:
• Manage the availability and delegation of adequate and capable resources to deliver industry best practice projects
• Clarify work expectations and project /programme element linkages to project teams;
• Coach and mentor staff in relation to working as part of a team;
• Manage staff, contractors and consultants within the project to ensure timely, effective and efficient performance of activities; and
• Negotiate development plans for direct reports by identifying capability gaps and developing strategies to close the gaps.
Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
“All SACAA appointments are subject to S98 of the Civil Aviation Act, 13 of 2009 and all successful candidates will be subjected to security vetting”.e SACAA will process applications as soon as possible. If you have not heard from us within 90 days after your CV has been received by us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Minimum Education (Formal Qualification required):
Project Management Degree / Diploma or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
Ideal Education (Formal Qualification required):
Project/Programme Management post graduate Degree / Diploma or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
Registered with a recognised professional body.
Microsoft Project Server Accreditation.
|Job Closing Date||29/01/2020|